Monday, August 24, 2009

Army Birthday and two others

Well last Friday was a busy cake day. It was my husbands birthday which he requested my daughters newest creation of a chocolate chip pie, which is a yummy chocolate chip cookie crust, chocolate mousse filling, layer of chocolate gnash, whipped cream on top and decorated with chocolate chips. So we made two for him and took them up to his work. One we did make happy birthday out of chocolate chips but of course I forgot to take a picture. They were a huge success at work!

Then last week was a neighbors birthday so I wanted to give her a birthday cake so I made this yummy looking cake. It was chocolate cake with a really large layer of chocolate mousse (I love the stuff!) in the middle, then covered in butter cream icing drizzled in chocolate gnash and decorated in chocolate shavings which started out trying to say Happy Birthday but gave up and just covered the top. :)

Then to finish up a great birthday cake day I made this army cake. I made the cake and the mom put on all the figures which you could also use trucks and things. I think it turned out really cute for a neat army birthday! The little boy loves the color orange so I tinted the white cake which is the bottom layer a light orange. Hopefully he realized it was orange?


1 comment:

Kelly Elliott said...

AWESOME!!! They all look so delicious!!