Monday, April 12, 2010

6th Birthday for my daughter

Well, another birthday has come and gone, it took a week to create all the pieces and less than 10 minutes to destroy it! :) But I think it turned out great, although at the end of the evening laying in bed I realized I forgot a piping detail that was supposed to go all around the bottom layer, kind of lace like. Also I made a fondant bow to go on the center layer, but then did not think it looked right and took it off. Oh well I don't think anyone thought anything was missing. The top two layers were cherry cake with chocolate frosting in the middle and covered in buttercream. Then the bottom layer was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting in the middle covered in buttercream. The decorations were made of gum paste, fondant, and royal icing. I even had some fiber optic lights fanning around the back and through the tiara on top, though you really can't tell in the pictures. Then my daughters cake was cherry also, her choice! All 24 kids seemed to have a blast. We did all the girls hair, makeup, and nails, played games and played in the bounce slide and playground. It was a huge success!

No comments: