Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas 1st Celebration

Well last Saturday started the 1st Christmas celebration with my husbands family. I baked away all day Friday and this is all I came up with:

It is not my pretties cake, but when it come to taste it is amazing! Is is a layer of chocolate cake, a small layer of strawberry frosting, then a layer of cheesecake with some strawberries in it. Then a thick layer of chocolate mousse and covered in all chocolate gnash. Then the decorations are in white chocolate. It is delicious. I do have to say that the cheesecake I made was sugar free :) can't say anything else was. :) Here is a picture of the inside of the cake after a few people got a piece. It actually got put in the fridge and forgotten about later so I think my husbands work will get to enjoy it tomorrow.
Then I made a pecan pie. This one is made with brown sugar and white Karo, it was really good! I forgot to cover the edges of the pie crust so it got a little dark but still tasted great!


Then I did an array of cookies. Sugar cookies my daughter helped decorate, then a new creation of pumpkin pinwheels, then ranger cookies, the best chocolate chip cookies ever and finally white chocolate chip cocoa cookies. All great cookies.

Then I did take some buckeye bars, peanut butter balls, chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered cherries.
All were a hit. Now I get to do it again Christmas Eve, stay tuned for what I will come up with for that! :)



No comments: